If you’re unable to watch the action comedy film Shazam on Netflix, then this article is for you. Ahead, I’ll show you how to watch Shazam on Netflix from anywhere, including Canada, the UK, and the US.
This method is quick, hassle-free, and works for all devices that support Netflix (like Windows, Android, iOS, Mac, Linux, Firestick, and more).
Is Shazam Available on Netflix?
Shazam (2019 movie) is streaming on Netflix, but it’s not available in every location. Currently, you can only watch it in a couple of regions, including France.
That’s because streaming services like Netflix are under licensing agreements that require them to limit their content to certain regions. These are called geo-restrictions.
If you can’t find Shazam in your country, it means that Netflix doesn’t have distribution rights to Shazam in your region.
However, changing your Netflix region and accessing other countries’ content libraries is easy. The best way to do that is with a VPN.
This way, you can watch Shazam on Netflix from anywhere in the world.
Watch Shazam With ExpressVPN Today
In a Rush? Here’s How to Watch Shazam Online From Anywhere
- Get a VPN. My top choice is ExpressVPN because it reliably accesses other countries’ Netflix libraries without errors. With its money-back guarantee, you can even try it risk-free.
- Connect to a server in France. The movie is available on Netflix France, so you need to connect to a server there.
- Open Netflix. Log in to your Netflix account as usual, and start watching Shazam!
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Shazam?
Shazam is available in a select few Netflix regions, like France.
You see, Netflix uses your IP address to determine your location. Based on this, it decides whether or not to show you certain content. If it doesn’t have licensing rights to a particular show or movie in your country, you won’t be able to find it in your local Netflix library.
However, it’s easy to disguise your actual location and access region-locked titles. All you need is an IP address of the country where Shazam is streaming (like France), and you’re all set. The easiest way to do that is with a VPN.
A VPN hides your real IP address and assigns you a new one from your chosen server location. This makes Netflix think you’re accessing the platform from a licensed region. For example, if you connect to a French VPN server from the US, Netflix will think you’re actually accessing the platform from within France and give you access to the movie.
This way, you can watch Shazam on Netflix from anywhere in the world. Plus, you’ll have access to other region-locked movies.
How to Watch Shazam on Netflix: Step-by-Step Guide
- Get a VPN. My favorite is ExpressVPN because it always works with Netflix France. Plus, it unblocks many other Netflix libraries without getting blocked.
- Install the app. Following the on-screen instructions, install the app on your preferred device. It took me less than a minute to install ExpressVPN on my Windows PC.
- Launch the VPN app. Open the VPN app on your device, and sign in to your account if prompted.
- Connect to a server in France. That’s because the movie is available in France. I used its Paris server and it worked seamlessly.
- Open Netflix. Launch the Netflix app as usual.
- Look for the title. Search Shazam, and you’ll now be able to see it on Netflix. Click Play.
- Start watching! Sit back, relax, and enjoy Shazam on your device.
Watch Shazam With ExpressVPN Today
Shazam Netflix Countries
Aside from Netflix France, you can watch the movie in the following regions:
Where Else Can I Watch Shazam Online?
Aside from Netflix, you can watch Shazam on the following platforms:
- HBO Max (US)
- DIRECTV (US)
- Virgin TV Go (UK)
Shazam is a movie about a teenage boy named Billy Batson who is given the power to transform into an adult superhero by saying the word “Shazam.” Billy must use his new powers to stop Dr. Thaddeus Sivana, a mad scientist who wants to take over the world.
Shazam Movie Trailer
Why Use ExpressVPN for Unblocking Netflix Libraries?
Over the years, I’ve tried dozens of paid and free VPNs. Most VPNs I tried (even the paid ones) were inconsistent at unblocking Netflix. But ExpressVPN works consistently no matter which Netflix library you’re accessing. That’s why it’s the one I recommend.
Here are more reasons why I like ExpressVPN:
- Money-back guarantee. The best part about ExpressVPN is that you can try it risk-free for 30 days, thanks to its money-back guarantee. If you’re not satisfied with the service, you can easily get all your money back. I’ve tested its refund policy myself — it’s one you can trust.
- Incredible speeds: Most VPNs slow down your VPN connection. However, ExpressVPN is extremely fast. I tested its servers and got download speeds of 82 Mbps. This is a speed loss of only 9%, which is way faster than most VPNs. You’ll be able to watch Shazam in HD without buffering.
- Works with popular streaming services. In addition to Netflix, ExpressVPN works with BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Disney+, Hotstar, HBO Max, Peacock, Funimation, Crunchyroll, and more.
- Impressive server network. ExpressVPN has a massive server network, and all of its servers are reliable. This means you can access several Netflix libraries and other geo-restricted content from all over the world.
- Keeps you safe. Another reason why I like ExpressVPN is that it’s incredibly secure. It uses 256-bit military-grade encryption to protect your data from hackers, snoopers, and other external threats. Plus, it has a strict no-logs policy, meaning it never stores any of your data. You can even pay with cryptocurrencies for added security.
FAQs on How to Watch Shazam from Anywhere
Can I use a free Netflix VPN to watch Shazam?
I do not recommend free VPNs because they usually don’t work. Most of them are easily detected by Netflix and are unable to access region-locked movies like Shazam.
Worse still, most free VPNs place speed caps and data restrictions, making it virtually impossible to stream content.
What devices can I watch Shazam on?
Using a VPN, you can watch Shazam on all devices that support Netflix. This includes Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Linux, smart TVs, and more. The only condition is that your VPN should be compatible with these devices.
If your device doesn’t support VPNs, you can still set it up on your router and use the VPN connection on all devices connected to it. This way you can watch Shazam on devices that don’t have VPN compatibility.
What to do if my VPN doesn’t unblock Shazam on Netflix?
The first thing you should do is try switching to a different server. For example, if you’re trying to access Netflix France, it’s likely that your VPN has more than one server in the country. And connecting to a different server in the same country can sometimes give you access to the library.
If that still doesn’t work, you should see if the title is available in other countries, and connect to a server there.
Is Shazam movie on Netflix?
Sadly, no! The movie is not available on Netflix.
Is using a VPN to watch Shazam on Netflix legal?
A VPN is nothing but a privacy tool, so using one with Netflix is not illegal. You won’t get into any trouble just for changing your Netflix region and watching Shazam. Put simply, as long as you’re not using the VPN to break the law, you should be fine.
However, bear in mind that there are some countries where VPN use is a gray area (like China and Saudi Arabia). Using a VPN in such countries can be illegal. It’s always a good idea to check your laws regarding VPN use, especially if you live in a place with heavy internet censorship.
Shazam is only streaming on a couple of Netflix libraries, like France. However, you can easily watch it from anywhere using a VPN.
My recommendation is ExpressVPN because it works with several Netflix libraries without issues. With its 30-day money-back guarantee, you can try the service risk-free and get your money back if you’re not happy with the service.