Can’t find the action comedy movie Rush Hour on Netflix? You’ve come to the right place! In this post, I’ll show you how to watch Rush Hour on Netflix from anywhere, including the US and the UK.
This method is quick, hassle-free, and works for all devices that support Netflix (like Windows, Android, iOS, Mac, Linux, Firestick, and more).
Is Rush Hour Available on Netflix?
Rush Hour (released in 1998) is streaming on Netflix, but it’s not available in every location. You can only watch in a select few regions, including Canada.
That’s because streaming services like Netflix are under licensing agreements that require them to limit their content to specific regions. This is called geo-blocking.
If you can’t find Rush Hour in your country, it means that Netflix doesn’t have distribution rights to Rush Hour in your region.
However, changing your Netflix region and accessing other countries’ content libraries is easy. The best way to do that is with a VPN.
This way, you can watch Rush Hour on Netflix from anywhere in the world.
In a Rush? Here’s How to Watch Rush Hour on Netflix From Anywhere
- Get a VPN. My recommendation is ExpressVPN because it reliably accesses other countries’ Netflix libraries without issues. With its money-back guarantee, you can even try it risk-free.
- Connect to a server in Canada. The movie is available on Netflix Canada, so you must appear to be there.
- Open Netflix. Log in to your Netflix account as usual, and start watching Rush Hour!
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Rush Hour?
Rush Hour is available in a select few Netflix regions, like Canada.
Netflix uses your IP address to determine your location. Based on this, it decides whether or not to show you certain content. If it doesn’t have licensing rights to a particular show or movie in your country, you won’t be able to find it in your local Netflix library.
However, it’s easy to disguise your actual location and access region-locked titles. All you need is an IP address of the country where Rush Hour is streaming (like Canada), and that’s it. The easiest way to do that is with a VPN.
A VPN hides your real IP address and assigns you a new one based on your chosen server location. This makes Netflix think you’re accessing the platform from a licensed region. For example, if you connect to a Canadian VPN server from the US, Netflix will think you’re actually accessing the platform from within Canada and give you access to all Rush Hour movies.
This way, you can watch Rush Hour on Netflix from anywhere in the world. Plus, you’ll have access to other region-locked movies.
How to Watch Rush Hour on Netflix: Step-by-Step Guide
- Get a VPN. My favorite is ExpressVPN because it always works with Netflix Canada. Plus, it unblocks many other Netflix libraries without getting blocked.
- Install the app. Following the on-screen instructions, install the app on your preferred device. It took me less than a minute to install ExpressVPN on my Windows PC.
- Launch the VPN app. Open the VPN app on your device, and sign in to your account if prompted.
- Connect to a server in Canada. That’s because the movie is available in Canada. I used its Montreal server and it worked without problems.
- Open Netflix. Launch the Netflix app as usual.
- Look for the title. Search Rush Hour, and you’ll now be able to see it on Netflix. Click Play.
- Start watching! Sit back, relax, and enjoy Rush Hour on your device.
Rush Hour Netflix Countries
Aside from Netflix Canada, the movie is also available in the following regions:
- Czech Republic
- South Africa
Rush Hour Overview
Rush Hour is a 1998 action comedy film directed by Brett Ratner and starring Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker. The film tells the story of Chan’s character, Inspector Lee, who is sent to Los Angeles to escort Tucker’s character, Carter, to testify in a case against a Triad boss. Upon their arrival, the two become entangled in a conspiracy that threatens the safety of the city.
The film was a major success, both financially and critically. It earned over $244 million worldwide against a budget of $33 million and received positive reviews from critics, who praised the action sequences and humor.
The sequels Rush Hour 2 and Rush Hour 3 were released in 2001 and 2007 respectively. (Note: You can watch all 3 parts on Netflix Canada).
Why Use ExpressVPN for Unblocking Netflix Libraries?
Over the years, I’ve tried dozens of paid and free VPNs. Most VPNs I tried (even the paid ones) were inconsistent at unblocking Netflix. But ExpressVPN works consistently no matter which Netflix library you’re accessing. That’s why it’s the one I recommend.
Here are more reasons why I like ExpressVPN:
- Money-back guarantee. The best part about ExpressVPN is that you can try it risk-free for 30 days, thanks to its money-back guarantee. If you’re not satisfied with the service, you can easily get all your money back. I’ve tested its refund policy myself, and it’s 100% reliable.
- Incredible speeds: Most VPNs slow down your VPN connection. However, ExpressVPN is extremely fast. I tested its servers and got download speeds of 82 Mbps. This is a speed loss of only 9%, which is way faster than most VPNs. You’ll be able to watch Rush Hour in HD without buffering.
- Works with popular streaming services. In addition to Netflix, ExpressVPN works with BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Disney+, Hotstar, HBO Max, Peacock, Funimation, Crunchyroll, and more.
- Impressive server network. ExpressVPN has a massive server network, and all of its servers are reliable. This means you can access several Netflix libraries and other geo-restricted content from all over the world.
- Keeps you safe. Another reason why I like ExpressVPN is that it’s incredibly secure. It uses 256-bit military-grade encryption to protect your data from hackers, snoopers, and other external threats. Plus, it has a strict no-logs policy, meaning it never stores any of your data. You can even pay with cryptocurrencies for added security.
FAQs on How to Watch Rush Hour from Anywhere
Can I use a free Netflix VPN to watch Rush Hour?
I do not recommend free VPNs because they usually don’t work. Most of them are easily detected by Netflix and are unable to access region-locked movies like Rush Hour.
Worse still, most free VPNs place speed caps and data restrictions, making it virtually impossible to stream content.
What devices can I watch Rush Hour on?
Using a VPN, you can watch Rush Hour on all devices that support Netflix. This includes Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Linux, smart TVs, and more. The only condition is that your VPN should be compatible with these devices.
If your device doesn’t support VPNs, you can still set it up on your router and use the VPN connection on all devices connected to it. This way you can watch Rush Hour on devices that don’t have VPN compatibility.
Is Rush Hour available on Disney Plus?
No, Rush Hour is not available on Disney Plus.
When will Rush Hour 4 be released?
Frankly, we cannot say for sure. Your guess is just as good as ours. It’s unlikely for the production to begin by the end of this year.
What to do if my VPN doesn’t unblock Rush Hour on Netflix?
The first thing you should do is try switching to a different server. For example, if you’re trying to access Netflix Canada, it’s likely that your VPN has more than one server in the country. And connecting to a different server in the same country can sometimes give you access to the library.
If that still doesn’t work, you should see if the title is available in other countries, and connect to a server there.
Is using a VPN to watch Rush Hour on Netflix legal?
A VPN is nothing but a privacy tool, so using one with Netflix is not illegal. You won’t get into any trouble just for changing your Netflix region and watching Rush Hour. Put simply, as long as you’re not using the VPN to break the law, you should be fine.
However, bear in mind that there are some countries where VPN use is a gray area (like China and Saudi Arabia). Using a VPN in such countries can be illegal. It’s always a good idea to check your laws regarding VPN use, especially if you live in a place with heavy internet censorship.
Rush Hour is only available in a couple of Netflix regions, like Canada. However, you can easily watch it from anywhere using a VPN.
My top pick is ExpressVPN because it works with several Netflix libraries without issues. With its 30-day money-back guarantee, you can try the service risk-free and get your money back if you’re not happy with the service.