Want to watch Pride and Prejudice on Netflix with your current plan? You’ve landed at the right place. Ahead, I will share an easy guide on how to watch Pride and Prejudice on Netflix from anywhere in the world, including the US.
This method is quick, hassle-free, and works for all devices that support Netflix (like Windows, Android, iOS, Mac, Linux, Firestick, and more).
Is Pride and Prejudice Available on Netflix?
Pride and Prejudice (2005 movie) is streaming on Netflix, but it’s not available in every location. Currently, it’s only available in a select few regions, including the UK.
That’s because much of Netflix’s content is region-locked due to global licensing restrictions. As a result, its content library varies depending on your location.
Netflix most likely doesn’t have distribution rights to this movie in your country, and that’s why you cannot watch it where you live.
However, changing your Netflix region and accessing other countries’ content libraries is easy. The best way to do that is with a VPN.
This way, you can watch Pride and Prejudice on Netflix from anywhere in the world.
In a Rush? Here’s How to Watch Pride and Prejudice From Anywhere
- Get a VPN. My top pick is ExpressVPN because it reliably accesses other countries’ Netflix libraries without errors. You can even try it risk-free for 30 days, thanks to its money-back guarantee.
- Connect to a server in the UK. The movie is available on Netflix UK, so you need to connect to a server there.
- Open Netflix. Log in to your Netflix account as usual, and watch Pride and Prejudice!
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Pride and Prejudice?
Pride and Prejudice is only available on a couple of Netflix libraries, including the UK.
Sites like Netflix use your IP address to determine your location. But it’s easy to disguise your true location and access region-locked Netflix titles. All you need is an IP address of the country where Pride and Prejudice is streaming on Netflix (like the UK). The easiest way to do that is with a VPN.
A VPN hides your actual IP address and replaces it with one matching the VPN server. This makes Netflix think you’re accessing the platform from a licensed location. For example, if you connect to a UK VPN server from the US, Netflix will think you’re accessing the platform from within the UK and give you access to the movie.
This way, you can watch Pride and Prejudice on Netflix from anywhere in the world. Plus, you’ll have access to other region-locked movies.
How to Watch Pride and Prejudice from Anywhere: Step-by-Step Guide
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN because it works with Netflix UK without hassle. Plus, it unblocks many other Netflix libraries without getting blocked.
- Install the app. Following the on-screen instructions, install the app on your preferred device. It took me less than a minute to install ExpressVPN on my Windows PC.
- Launch the VPN app. Open the VPN app on your device, and sign in to your account if prompted.
- Connect to a server in the UK. That’s because the movie is available in the UK. I used its London server and got instant access.
- Open Netflix. Launch the Netflix app as usual.
- Look for the title. Search Pride and Prejudice, and you’ll now be able to see it on Netflix. Click Play.
- Start watching! Sit back, relax, and enjoy Pride and Prejudice on your device.
Pride and Prejudice Netflix Countries
Aside from Netflix UK, Pride and Prejudice is also available in the following countries:
If you’re located in one of the above-listed countries, you won’t need a VPN to watch the movie at all. Otherwise, simply connect to a VPN server in one of these countries and watch without hassle.
Where Else Can I Watch Pride and Prejudice Online?
Aside from Netflix, you can watch Pride and Prejudice on the following platforms:
- Peacock Premium (US)
- BritBox (US)
- Virgin TV Go (UK)
- Now TV (UK)
- Crave Starz (Canada)
Pride and Prejudice Movie Overview
Pride and Prejudice is a 2005 British romantic drama film based on Jane Austen’s 1813 novel of the same name. The film was directed by Joe Wright and stars Keira Knightley as Elizabeth Bennet, Matthew Macfadyen as Mr. Darcy, Brenda Blethyn as Mrs. Bennet, Donald Sutherland as Mr. Bennet, and Judi Dench as Lady Catherine de Bourgh.
The film tells the story of five sisters from the landed gentry of 19th century England: Mrs. Bennet (Blethyn) wants to see her daughters married to wealthy men, and Mr. Bennet (Sutherland) is more interested in his books than in his family. In contrast, the wealthy Mr. Darcy (Macfadyen) initially regards Elizabeth (Knightley) as beneath him, but he eventually falls in love with her.
IMDb Rating: 7.8/10
Why Do I Recommend ExpressVPN for Unblocking Netflix Libraries?
Over the years, I’ve tried dozens of paid and free VPNs. Most VPNs that I tried (even the paid ones) were inconsistent at unblocking Netflix. But ExpressVPN works consistently no matter which Netflix library you’re accessing. That’s why it’s the one I recommend.
Here are more reasons why I like ExpressVPN:
- Money-back guarantee. The best part about ExpressVPN is that you can try it risk free for 30 days, thanks to its money-back guarantee. If you’re not satisfied with the service, you can easily get all your money back. I’ve tested its refund policy myself — it’s one you can trust.
- Incredible speeds: Most VPNs slow down your VPN connection. However, ExpressVPN is extremely fast. I tested its servers and got download speeds of 82 Mbps. This is a speed loss of only 5%, which is way faster than most VPNs. You’ll be able to watch Pride and Prejudice in HD without buffering.
- Works with popular streaming services. In addition to Netflix, ExpressVPN works with BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Disney+, Hotstar, HBO Max, Peacock, Funimation, Crunchyroll, and more.
- Impressive server network. ExpressVPN has a massive server network, and all of its servers are reliable. This means you can access several Netflix libraries and other geo-restricted content from all over the world.
- Keeps you safe. Another reason why I like ExpressVPN is that it’s extremely secure. It uses 256-bit military-grade encryption to protect your data from hackers, snoopers, and other external threats. Plus, it has a strict no-logs policy, meaning it never stores any of your data. You can even pay with cryptocurrencies for added security.
FAQs on How to Watch Pride and Prejudice from Anywhere
Can I use a free Netflix VPN to watch Pride and Prejudice?
I do not recommend free VPNs because they usually don’t work. Most of them are easily detected by Netflix and are unable to access region-locked titles, like Pride and Prejudice.
Worse still, most free VPNs place speed caps and data restrictions, making it virtually impossible to stream content.
What devices can I watch Pride and Prejudice on?
You can watch Pride and Prejudice on all devices that support Netflix using a VPN. This includes Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Linux, smart TVs, and more. The only condition is that your VPN should be compatible with these devices.
If your device doesn’t support VPNs, you can still set it up on your router and use the VPN connection on all devices connected to it. This way you can watch Pride and Prejudice on devices that don’t have VPN compatibility.
What to do if my VPN doesn’t work with Netflix?
The first thing you should do is try switching to a different server. For example, if you’re trying to access Netflix UK, it’s likely that your VPN has more than one server in the country. And connecting to a different server in the same country can sometimes give you access to the library.
If that still doesn’t work, you should see if the title is available in other countries, and connect to a server there.
Is using a VPN to watch Pride and Prejudice on Netflix legal?
A VPN is nothing but a privacy tool, so using one with Netflix is not illegal. You won’t get into any trouble just for changing your Netflix region and watching Pride and Prejudice. Put simply, as long as you’re not using the VPN to break the law, you should be fine.
However, bear in mind that there are some countries where VPN use is a gray area (like China and Saudi Arabia). Using a VPN in such countries can be illegal. It’s always a good idea to check your laws regarding VPN use, especially if you live in a place with heavy internet censorship.
Pride and Prejudice is only streaming on a couple of Netflix libraries. However, you can easily watch it from anywhere using a VPN.
My recommendation is ExpressVPN because it works with several Netflix libraries without issues. With its 30-day money-back guarantee, you can try the service risk-free and get your money back if you’re not happy with the service.