Grab your wand and put on your robes because Harry Potter is back in the spotlight. Based on J.K. Rowling’s bestselling books, this film series takes us on a thrilling journey through the wizarding world, filled with friendship, bravery, and unforgettable moments. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or a first-time viewer, there are plenty of reasons to binge-watch this magical franchise today.
However, depending on where you live, finding Harry Potter movies on Netflix can be tricky. Don’t worry though! Ahead, I’ll show you how to watch Harry Potter on Netflix (all 8 movies) from anywhere in the world.
Is Harry Potter on Netflix?
Harry Potter is streaming on Netflix, but it’s not available in every location. Currently, it’s only available in a select few Netflix regions, including the UK.
That’s because much of Netflix’s content is region-locked due to global licensing restrictions. As a result, its content library varies depending on your location.
It’s likely that Netflix doesn’t have distribution rights to Harry Potter movies in your country, and that’s why you cannot watch them where you live.
However, changing your Netflix region and accessing other countries’ content libraries is easy. The best way to do that is with a VPN.
This way, you can watch all 8 Harry Potter movies on Netflix from anywhere in the world.
Start Watching Harry Potter Movies
In a Rush? Here’s How to Watch Harry Potter on Netflix
1. Get a VPN. My top recommendation is NordVPN because it reliably accesses region-locked titles like Harry Potter. Try it risk-free as it’s backed by a money-back guarantee.
2. Connect to a server in the UK. The movie is available on Netflix UK, so you need to connect to a server there.
3. Open Netflix. Log in to your Netflix account as usual.
4. Start streaming. Search for Harry Potter and start watching!
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Harry Potter?
Harry Potter is only in a handful of Netflix countries, including the UK.
If you’re not from a licensed location but still want to watch it, you’ll need an IP address of the country where it’s available (like the UK). The easiest way to do that is with a VPN.
A VPN hides your real IP address and assigns you a new one based on your chosen server location. For example, when you connect to a UK VPN server from the US, you’ll be assigned a UK IP address. This makes sites like Netflix believe that you’re actually in the UK and give you access to the movies.
So, you can watch Harry Potter on Netflix from anywhere in the world. You can also access other region-locked movies.
How to Watch Harry Potter Movies on Netflix: Step-by-Step Guide
- Download a VPN. I recommend NordVPN because it always works with Netflix UK. Plus, it unblocks many other Netflix libraries without any problems.
- Install the app. Following the on-screen instructions, install the app on your preferred device. It took me less than a minute to install NordVPN on my Windows PC.
- Launch the VPN app. Open the VPN app on your device, and sign in to your account if prompted.
- Connect to a server in the UK. That’s because the movie is available in the UK.
- Open Netflix. Launch the Netflix app as usual.
- Look for the title. Search Harry Potter, and you’ll now be able to see it on Netflix. Click Play.
- Start watching! Sit back, relax, and enjoy Harry Potter on your device.
Watch Harry Potter With NordVPN
Harry Potter Netflix Countries
As mentioned, Harry Potter movies are available on Netflix UK. All 8 movies were added to the UK library on 17th May 2023. But aside from that, all 8 movies are also available in the following Netflix regions:
Harry Potter Movies Watch Order
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
Harry Potter Trailer
Why Do I Recommend NordVPN for Unblocking Netflix Libraries?
I’ve been using VPNs for over 5 years now. During this time, I’ve tried dozens of paid and free VPNs. Most VPNs that I’ve used (even the paid ones) are inconsistent at unblocking Netflix. But NordVPN always works no matter which Netflix library you’re accessing. That’s why it’s the one I recommend.
Here are more reasons why I like NordVPN:
- Money-back guarantee. The best part about NordVPN is that you can try it risk free for 30 days, thanks to its money-back guarantee. If you’re not satisfied with the service, you can easily get all your money back. I’ve tested its refund policy myself — it’s one you can trust.
- Excellent speeds: Most VPNs slow down your VPN connection. However, NordVPN is extremely fast. I tested its servers and got download speeds of 93 Mbps. This is a speed loss of only 7%, which is way faster than most VPNs. There will be no buffering when you stream Harry Potter movies in top quality.
- Works with popular streaming services. In addition to Netflix, NordVPN works with BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Disney+, Hotstar, HBO Max, Peacock, Funimation, Crunchyroll, and more.
- Massive server network. NordVPN has a huge server network, and all of its servers are reliable. If the server you’re connected to stops working for some reason, you’ll have plenty of other options to switch to.
- Protects your privacy. Another reason why I like NordVPN is that it’s extremely secure. It uses 256-bit military-grade encryption to protect your data from hackers, snoopers, and other external threats. Plus, it has a strict no-logs policy, meaning it never stores any of your data. You can even pay with cryptocurrencies for added security.
FAQs on How to Watch Harry Potter from Anywhere
I do not recommend free VPNs because they usually don’t work. Most of them are easily detected by Netflix and are unable to access region-locked titles, like Harry Potter.
Worse still, most free VPNs place speed caps and data restrictions, making it virtually impossible to stream content using them.
Unfortunately, no. The movie is not available on Amazon Prime Video for free. You can buy or rent them on Amazon, but it’s going to be much more expensive than using a VPN to watch all movies on Netflix.
You can watch Harry Potter on all devices that support Netflix using a VPN. This includes Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Linux, smart TVs, and more. The only condition is that your VPN should be compatible with these devices.
If your device doesn’t support VPNs, you can still set it up on your router and use the VPN connection on all devices connected to it. This way you can watch Harry Potter on devices that don’t have VPN compatibility.
The first thing you should do is try switching to a different server. For example, if you’re trying to access Netflix UK, it’s likely that your VPN has more than one server in the country. And connecting to a different server in the same country can sometimes give you access to the library.
If that still doesn’t work, you should see if the title is available in other countries (Australia in this case), and connect to a server there.
A VPN is nothing but a privacy tool, so using one with Netflix is not illegal. You won’t get into any trouble just for changing your Netflix region and watching Harry Potter. Put simply, as long as you’re not using the VPN to break the law, you should be fine.
However, bear in mind that there are some countries where VPN use is a gray area (like China and Saudi Arabia). Using a VPN in such countries can be illegal. It’s always a good idea to check your laws regarding VPN use, especially if you live in a place with heavy internet censorship.
Harry Potter is only streaming on a couple of Netflix libraries. However, you can easily watch it from anywhere using a VPN.
A VPN also lets you access other platforms like Disney+, BBC iPlayer, Hotstar, and more. Plus, it also protects your data from hackers, cybercriminals, and other threats.