Can’t find Harry Potter movies on Netflix? In this post, I’ll share an easy guide on how to watch all Harry Potter movies on Netflix from any country, including the US, the UK, and more.
This method is quick, easy, and works for all devices that support Netflix.
Is Harry Potter Available on Netflix?
Harry Potter is streaming on Netflix, but it’s not available in every location. Currently, it’s only available in a select few Netflix regions, including Turkey.
That’s because much of Netflix’s content is region-locked due to global licensing restrictions. As a result, its content library varies depending on your location.
It’s likely that Netflix doesn’t have distribution rights to Harry Potter movies in your country, and that’s why you cannot watch them where you live.
However, changing your Netflix region and accessing other countries’ content libraries is easy. The best way to do that is with a VPN.
This way, you can watch all 8 Harry Potter movies on Netflix from anywhere in the world.
In a Rush? Here’s How to Watch Harry Potter on Netflix From Anywhere
- Get a VPN. My top recommendation is ExpressVPN because it reliably accesses other countries’ Netflix libraries without issues. You can even try it risk-free for 30 days, thanks to its money-back guarantee.
- Connect to a server in Turkey. The movie is available on Netflix Turkey, so you need to connect to a server there.
- Open Netflix. Log in to your Netflix account as usual, and watch Harry Potter!
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Harry Potter?
Harry Potter is only streaming in two Netflix regions, including Turkey.
If you’re not from a licensed location but still want to watch it, you’ll need an IP address of the country where it’s available (like Turkey). The easiest way to do that is with a VPN.
A VPN hides your real IP address and assigns you a new one based on your chosen server location. For example, when you connect to a Turkish VPN server from the US, you’ll be assigned a Belgian IP address. This makes sites like Netflix believe that you’re actually in Turkey and give you access to the movies.
This way, you can watch Harry Potter on Netflix from anywhere in the world. You can also watch other region-locked movies.
How to Watch Harry Potter Movies from Anywhere: Step-by-Step Guide
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN because it always works with Netflix Turkey. Plus, it unblocks many other Netflix libraries without any problems.
- Install the app. Following the on-screen instructions, install the app on your preferred device. It took me less than a minute to install ExpressVPN on my Windows PC.
- Launch the VPN app. Open the VPN app on your device, and sign in to your account if prompted.
- Connect to a server in Turkey. That’s because the movie is available in Turkey.
- Open Netflix. Launch the Netflix app as usual.
- Look for the title. Search Harry Potter, and you’ll now be able to see it on Netflix. Click Play.
- Start watching! Sit back, relax, and enjoy Harry Potter on your device.
Harry Potter Netflix Countries
Aside from Netflix Turkey, the movie is also available on Netflix Belgium. And these are the only two locations where Harry Potter movies are streaming.
For viewers based outside of these countries, follow the guide above and get immediate access to the movies.
Where Else Can I Watch Harry Potter Movies Online?
Aside from Netflix, you can watch Harry Potter on the following platforms in the US:
- HBO Max
- Peacock Premium
- Apple iTunes (Buy/Rent)
- Google Play Movies (Buy/Rent)
- YouTube (Buy/Rent)
- Vudu (Buy/Rent)
- Microsoft Store (Buy/Rent)
- Spectrum On Demand (Buy/Rent)
- Amazon Video (Buy/Rent)
- DirecTV (Buy/Rent)
- Redbox (Buy/Rent)
Harry Potter Movies Watch Order
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
Harry Potter Trailer
Why Do I Recommend ExpressVPN for Unblocking Netflix Libraries?
I’ve been using VPNs for over 5 years now. During this time, I’ve tried dozens of paid and free VPNs. Most VPNs that I’ve used (even the paid ones) are inconsistent at unblocking Netflix. But ExpressVPN always works no matter which Netflix library you’re accessing. That’s why it’s the one I recommend.
Here are more reasons why I like ExpressVPN:
- Money-back guarantee. The best part about ExpressVPN is that you can try it risk free for 30 days, thanks to its money-back guarantee. If you’re not satisfied with the service, you can easily get all your money back. I’ve tested its refund policy myself — it’s one you can trust.
- Excellent speeds: Most VPNs slow down your VPN connection. However, ExpressVPN is extremely fast. I tested its servers and got download speeds of 41 Mbps. This is a speed loss of only 7%, which is way faster than most VPNs. There will be no buffering when you stream Harry Potter movies in top quality.
- Works with popular streaming services. In addition to Netflix, ExpressVPN works with BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Disney+, Hotstar, HBO Max, Peacock, Funimation, Crunchyroll, and more.
- Massive server network. ExpressVPN has a huge server network, and all of its servers are reliable. If the server you’re connected to stops working for some reason, you’ll have plenty of other options to switch to.
- Protects your privacy. Another reason why I like ExpressVPN is that it’s extremely secure. It uses 256-bit military-grade encryption to protect your data from hackers, snoopers, and other external threats. Plus, it has a strict no-logs policy, meaning it never stores any of your data. You can even pay with cryptocurrencies for added security.
FAQs on How to Watch Harry Potter from Anywhere
Can I use a free Netflix VPN to watch Harry Potter?
I do not recommend free VPNs because they usually don’t work. Most of them are easily detected by Netflix and are unable to access region-locked titles, like Harry Potter.
Worse still, most free VPNs place speed caps and data restrictions, making it virtually impossible to stream content using them.
What devices can I watch Harry Potter on?
You can watch Harry Potter on all devices that support Netflix using a VPN. This includes Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Linux, smart TVs, and more. The only condition is that your VPN should be compatible with these devices.
If your device doesn’t support VPNs, you can still set it up on your router and use the VPN connection on all devices connected to it. This way you can watch Harry Potter on devices that don’t have VPN compatibility.
What to do if my VPN doesn’t unblock Harry Potter on Netflix?
The first thing you should do is try switching to a different server. For example, if you’re trying to access Netflix Turkey, it’s likely that your VPN has more than one server in the country. And connecting to a different server in the same country can sometimes give you access to the library.
If that still doesn’t work, you should see if the title is available in other countries (Belgium in this case), and connect to a server there. This way, you’ll be able to watch Harry Potter on Netflix.
Is using a VPN to watch Harry Potter on Netflix legal?
A VPN is nothing but a privacy tool, so using one with Netflix is not illegal. You won’t get into any trouble just for changing your Netflix region and watching Harry Potter. Put simply, as long as you’re not using the VPN to break the law, you should be fine.
However, bear in mind that there are some countries where VPN use is a gray area (like China and Saudi Arabia). Using a VPN in such countries can be illegal. It’s always a good idea to check your laws regarding VPN use, especially if you live in a place with heavy internet censorship.
Harry Potter is only streaming on a couple of Netflix libraries. However, you can easily watch it from anywhere using a VPN.
My top choice is ExpressVPN because it works with several Netflix libraries without problems. With its 30-day money-back guarantee, you can try the service risk-free and get your money back if you’re not happy with the service.