Can’t find Interstellar on Netflix? In this article, I will show you how to watch Interstellar on your current Netflix plan from anywhere, including Australia, Canada, the UK, and the US.
This method is quick, hassle-free, and works for all devices that support Netflix (like Windows, Android, iOS, Mac, Linux, Firestick, and more).
Is Interstellar Available on Netflix?
Interstellar (2014 movie) is streaming on Netflix, but it’s not available in every location. Currently, it’s only available in a select few regions, including Germany.
That’s because much of Netflix’s content is region-locked due to global licensing restrictions. As a result, its content library varies depending on your location.
Netflix most likely doesn’t have distribution rights to Interstellar in your country, and that’s why you cannot watch it where you live.
However, changing your Netflix region and accessing other countries’ content libraries is easy. The best way to do that is with a VPN.
This way, you can watch Interstellar on Netflix from anywhere in the world.
In a Rush? Here’s How to Watch Interstellar Online From Anywhere
- Get a VPN. My favorite is ExpressVPN because it reliably accesses other countries’ Netflix libraries without errors. With its money-back guarantee, you can even try it risk-free.
- Connect to a server in Germany. The movie is available on Netflix Germany, so you need to connect to a server there.
- Open Netflix. Log in to your Netflix account as usual, and watch Interstellar!
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Interstellar?
Interstellar is only available on a couple of Netflix libraries, including Germany.
You see, Netflix uses your IP address to determine your location. Based on this, it decides whether or not to show you certain content. If it doesn’t have licensing rights to a particular show or movie in your country, you won’t be able to find it in your local Netflix library.
However, it’s easy to disguise your actual location and access region-locked titles. All you need is an IP address of the country where Interstellar is streaming (like Germany), and you’re set. The easiest way to do that is with a VPN.
A VPN hides your real IP address and assigns you a new one from your chosen server location. This makes Netflix think you’re accessing the platform from a licensed region. For example, if you connect to a German VPN server from the US, Netflix will believe you’re accessing the platform from within Germany and give you access to the movie.
This way, you can watch Interstellar on Netflix from anywhere in the world. Plus, you’ll have access to other region-locked movies.
How to Watch Interstellar from Anywhere: Step-by-Step Guide
- Get a VPN. I prefer ExpressVPN because it works with Netflix Germany without hassle. Plus, it unblocks many other Netflix libraries without getting blocked.
- Install the app. Following the on-screen instructions, install the app on your preferred device. It took me less than a minute to install ExpressVPN on my Windows PC.
- Launch the VPN app. Open the VPN app on your device, and sign in to your account if prompted.
- Connect to a server in Germany. That’s because the movie is available in Germany. I used its Nuremberg server and got reliable access.
- Open Netflix. Launch the Netflix app as usual.
- Look for the title. Search Interstellar, and you’ll now be able to see it on Netflix. Click Play.
- Start watching! Sit back, relax, and enjoy Interstellar on your device.
Interstellar Netflix Countries
Aside from Netflix Germany, Interstellar is available in the following regions:
- Czech Republic
- South Africa
- South Korea
For viewers based in one of these countries, you won’t need a VPN to watch the movie at all. Otherwise, simply connect to a VPN server in either of these countries and watch without issues.
Where Else Can I Watch Interstellar Online?
Aside from Netflix, you can watch Interstellar on the following platforms:
- DIRECTV (US)
- Paramount Plus (US)
- Sky Go (UK)
- Now TV Cinema (UK)
- Virgin TV Go (UK)
- Amazon Prime Video (India)
Interstellar tells the story of a group of explorers who use a newly discovered wormhole to travel beyond the limits of our solar system. Their journey takes them to a distant galaxy, where they find a planet that may be capable of supporting life.
Why Do I Recommend ExpressVPN for Unblocking Netflix Libraries?
Over the years, I’ve tried dozens of paid and free VPNs. Most VPNs I tried (even the paid ones) were inconsistent at unblocking Netflix. But ExpressVPN works consistently no matter which Netflix library you’re accessing. That’s why it’s the one I recommend.
Here are more reasons why I like ExpressVPN:
- Money-back guarantee. The best part about ExpressVPN is that you can try it risk-free for 30 days, thanks to its money-back guarantee. If you’re not satisfied with the service, you can easily get all your money back. I’ve tested its refund policy myself — it’s one you can trust.
- Incredible speeds: Most VPNs slow down your VPN connection. However, ExpressVPN is extremely fast. I tested its servers and got download speeds of 82 Mbps. This is a speed loss of only 5%, which is way faster than most VPNs. You’ll be able to watch Interstellar in HD without buffering.
- Works with popular streaming services. In addition to Netflix, ExpressVPN works with BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Disney+, Hotstar, HBO Max, Peacock, Funimation, Crunchyroll, and more.
- Impressive server network. ExpressVPN has a massive server network, and all of its servers are reliable. This means you can access several Netflix libraries and other geo-restricted content from all over the world.
- Keeps you safe. Another reason why I like ExpressVPN is that it’s incredibly secure. It uses 256-bit military-grade encryption to protect your data from hackers, snoopers, and other external threats. Plus, it has a strict no-logs policy, meaning it never stores any of your data. You can even pay with cryptocurrencies for added security.
FAQs on How to Watch Interstellar from Anywhere
Can I use a free Netflix VPN to watch Interstellar?
I do not recommend free VPNs because they usually don’t work. Most of them are easily detected by Netflix and are unable to access region-locked titles, like Interstellar.
Worse still, most free VPNs place speed caps and data restrictions, making it virtually impossible to stream content.
What devices can I watch Interstellar on?
You can watch Interstellar on all devices that support Netflix using a VPN. This includes Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Linux, smart TVs, and more. The only condition is that your VPN should be compatible with these devices.
If your device doesn’t support VPNs, you can still set it up on your router and use the VPN connection on all devices connected to it. This way you can watch Interstellar on devices that don’t have VPN compatibility.
Is Interstellar streaming on Disney Plus?
Unfortunately, no! The movie is not streaming on Disney Plus.
What to do if my VPN doesn’t work with Netflix?
The first thing you should do is try switching to a different server. For example, if you’re trying to access Netflix Germany, it’s likely that your VPN has more than one server in the country. And connecting to a different server in the same country can sometimes give you access to the library.
If that still doesn’t work, you should see if the title is available in other countries, and connect to a server there.
Is using a VPN to watch Interstellar on Netflix legal?
A VPN is nothing but a privacy tool, so using one with Netflix is not illegal. You won’t get into any trouble just for changing your Netflix region and watching Interstellar. Put simply, as long as you’re not using the VPN to break the law, you should be fine.
However, bear in mind that there are some countries where VPN use is a gray area (like China and Saudi Arabia). Using a VPN in such countries can be illegal. It’s always a good idea to check your laws regarding VPN use, especially if you live in a place with heavy internet censorship.
Interstellar is only streaming on a couple of Netflix libraries. However, you can easily watch it from anywhere using a VPN.
My top choice is ExpressVPN because it works with several Netflix libraries without issues. With its 30-day money-back guarantee, you can try the service risk-free and get your money back if you’re not happy with the service.