Can’t find Friends on your local Netflix library? In this article, I will share an easy guide on how to watch Friends on Netflix from any country in the world.
This method is quick, easy, and works for all devices that support Netflix.
Is Friends Available on Netflix?
Friends is streaming on Netflix, but it’s not available in the US. Currently, it’s only streaming on a couple of Netflix libraries, including the UK.
That’s because much of Netflix’s content is region-locked due to licensing restrictions. This means that its content library changes depending on your location.
Netflix doesn’t have licensing rights to this show in the US and many other countries, and that’s why you cannot watch it where you live.
However, changing your Netflix region and accessing other countries’ content libraries is easy. The best way to do that is with a VPN.
This way, you can watch Friends on Netflix from anywhere in the world.
In a Rush? Here’s How to Watch Friends From Anywhere
- Get a VPN. My recommendation is ExpressVPN because it reliably accesses other countries’ Netflix libraries without problems. And its 30-day money-back guarantee lets you try it risk-free.
- Connect to a server in the UK. The show is available on Netflix UK, so you need to connect to a server there.
- Open Netflix. Log in to your Netflix account as usual, and watch Friends!
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Friends?
As mentioned, Friends is only streaming on a select few Netflix regions, including the UK.
If you want to access the show from outside the permitted location, you’ll need an IP address of the country where it’s available (like the UK). The easiest and fastest way to do that is with a VPN.
A VPN hides your real IP address and assigns you a new one based on your chosen server. For example, when you connect to a UK VPN server from the US, you’ll be assigned a UK IP address. This leads sites like Netflix into thinking that you’re using the app from within the UK and gives you access to the show.
This way, you can watch Friends on Netflix (all 10 seasons) from anywhere in the world. You will also have access to many other region-locked sitcoms, like The Office, Two and a Half Men, and Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
How to Watch Friends in the US or Anywhere: Step-by-Step Guide
- Download a VPN. My favorite is ExpressVPN because it always works with Netflix UK. Plus, it unblocks several other Netflix libraries without fail.
- Install the app. Following the on-screen instructions, install the app on your preferred device. It took me less than a minute to install ExpressVPN on my Windows PC.
- Launch the VPN app. Open the VPN app on your device, and sign in to your account if prompted.
- Connect to a server in the UK. That’s because the show is available in the UK. I used its London server and got reliable access.
- Open Netflix. Launch the Netflix app as usual.
- Look for the title. Search Friends, and you’ll now be able to see it on Netflix. Click Play.
- Start watching! Sit back, relax, and enjoy Friends on your device.
Friends Netflix Countries
Other than Netflix UK, the show is available in the following libraries:
|Russia||Singapore||South Africa||South Korea|
For viewers based in the above-listed countries, you won’t need a VPN to watch Friends on Netflix. If you’re not from one of these licensed regions, just connect to a VPN server in one of these countries and watch without issues.
Where Else Can I Watch Friends Online?
Aside from Netflix, you can watch Friends on the following:
- HBO Max
- Sling TV
- TBS (2 seasons)
- FuboTV (1 season)
Friends is a popular American sitcom that aired on NBC from 1994 to 2004. The series follows the lives of six friends living in New York City.
The show became popular for its relatable characters and fun storylines. It also spawned a number of catchphrases, including “How you doin’?” and “We were on a break!”
Despite being off the air for over a decade, Friends remains one of the most popular sitcoms of all time.
Friends New Year Resolution Episode Clip:
Why Do I Recommend ExpressVPN for Unblocking Netflix Libraries?
Over the years, I’ve tried dozens of paid and free VPNs. Most VPNs that I tried (even the paid ones) were inconsistent at unblocking Netflix. But ExpressVPN works consistently no matter which Netflix library you want to access. That’s why it’s the one I recommend.
Here are more reasons why I like ExpressVPN:
- Money-back guarantee. The best part about ExpressVPN is that you can try it risk free for 30 days, thanks to its money-back guarantee. If you’re not satisfied with the service, you can easily get all your money back. I’ve tested its refund policy myself — it’s one you can trust.
- Incredible speeds: Most VPNs slow down your VPN connection. However, ExpressVPN is extremely fast. I tested its servers and got download speeds of 38 Mbps. This is a speed loss of only 5%, which is way faster than most VPNs. There will be no buffering when you stream Friends in high quality.
- Works with popular streaming services. In addition to Netflix, ExpressVPN works with BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Disney+, Hotstar, HBO Max, Peacock, Funimation, Crunchyroll, and more.
- Impressive server network. ExpressVPN has a massive server network, and all of its servers are reliable. This means you can access several Netflix libraries and other geo-restricted content from all over the world.
- Keeps you safe. Another reason why I like ExpressVPN is that it’s extremely secure. It uses 256-bit military-grade encryption to protect your data from hackers, snoopers, and other external threats. Plus, it has a strict no-logs policy, meaning it never stores any of your data. You can even pay with cryptocurrencies for added security.
FAQs on How to Watch Friends on Netflix
Can I use a free Netflix VPN to watch Friends?
I do not recommend free VPNs because they usually don’t work. Most of them are easily detected by Netflix and are unable to access region-locked titles, like Friends.
Worse still, free VPNs have speed caps and data restrictions in place, making it virtually impossible to stream content with them.
What devices can I watch Friends on?
You can watch Friends on all devices that support Netflix using a VPN. This includes Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Linux, smart TVs, and more. The only condition is that your VPN should be compatible with these devices.
If your device doesn’t support VPNs, you can still set it up on your router and use the VPN connection on all devices connected to the router. This way you can watch Friends on devices that don’t have VPN compatibility.
What to do if my VPN doesn’t unblock Friends on Netflix?
The first thing you should do is try switching to a different server. For example, if you’re trying to access Netflix UK, it’s likely that your VPN has more than one server in the country. And connecting to a different server in the same country can sometimes give you access to the library.
If that still doesn’t work, you should see if the title is available in other countries, and connect to a server there.
Is using a VPN to watch Friends on Netflix legal?
A VPN is nothing but a privacy tool, so using one with Netflix is not illegal. You won’t get into any trouble just for changing your Netflix region and watching Friends. Put simply, as long as you’re not using the VPN to break the law, you should be fine.
However, bear in mind that there are some countries where VPN use is a gray area (like China and Saudi Arabia). Using a VPN in such countries can be illegal. It’s always a good idea to check your laws regarding VPN use, especially if you live in a place with heavy internet censorship.
Friends (all 10 seasons) is only streaming on a couple of Netflix libraries. However, you can easily watch it from anywhere (including the US) using a VPN.
My top pick is ExpressVPN because it works with several Netflix libraries without any problems. With its 30-day money-back guarantee, you can try the service risk-free and get a refund if it’s not for you.