Can’t find Divergent on Netflix? In this post, I’ll share an easy guide on how to watch all Divergent on Netflix from any country, including the US.
This method is quick, easy, and works for all devices that support Netflix.
Is Divergent Available on Netflix?
Divergent (2014 movie) is streaming on Netflix, but it’s not available in every location. Currently, it’s only available in a select few Netflix regions, including India.
That’s because much of Netflix’s content is region-locked due to global licensing restrictions. As a result, its content library varies depending on your location.
It’s likely that Netflix doesn’t have distribution rights to Divergent in your country, and that’s why you cannot watch them where you live.
However, changing your Netflix region and accessing other countries’ content libraries is easy. The best way to do that is with a VPN.
This way, you can watch Divergent on Netflix from anywhere in the world.
In a Rush? Here’s How to Watch Divergent on Netflix From Anywhere
- Get a VPN. My top recommendation is ExpressVPN because it reliably accesses other countries’ Netflix libraries without issues. You can even try it risk-free for 30 days, thanks to its money-back guarantee.
- Connect to a server in India. The movie is available on Netflix India, so you need to connect to a server there.
- Open Netflix. Log in to your Netflix account as usual, and watch Divergent!
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Divergent?
As mentioned, Divergent is not available everywhere. Currently, it’s only streaming in two Netflix regions, including India.
If you can’t find it on your local Netflix but still want to watch it, you’ll need an IP address of the country where it’s available (like India). The easiest way to do that is with a VPN.
A VPN hides your real IP address and assigns you a new one based on your chosen server location. For example, when you connect to an India VPN server from the US, you’ll be assigned an Indian IP address. This makes sites like Netflix believe that you’re actually in India and give you access to the movie.
This way, you can watch Divergent on Netflix from anywhere in the world. You can also watch other region-locked movies.
How to Watch Divergent from Anywhere: Step-by-Step Guide
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN because it always works with Netflix India. Plus, it unblocks many other Netflix libraries without any problems.
- Install the app. Following the on-screen instructions, install the app on your preferred device. It took me less than a minute to install ExpressVPN on my Windows PC.
- Launch the VPN app. Open the VPN app on your device, and sign in to your account if prompted.
- Connect to a server in India. That’s because the movie is available in India. I used its India via UK server.
- Open Netflix. Launch the Netflix app as usual.
- Look for the title. Search Divergent, and you’ll now be able to see it on Netflix. Click Play.
- Start watching! Sit back, relax, and enjoy Divergent on your device.
Divergent Netflix Countries
Aside from Netflix India, the movie is also available in the following regions:
|Czech Republic||Germany||Hong Kong||Hungary|
For viewers based outside of these countries, follow the guide above and get immediate access to Divergent.
Where Else Can I Watch Divergent Online?
Aside from Netflix, you can watch Divergent on the following platforms:
- Amazon Prime Video (UK)
- Sky Go (UK)
- Now Cinema TV (UK)
- Virgin TV Go (UK)
In the US, it’s only available to buy/rent on platforms like Amazon Prime Video, DirecTV, Vudu, etc. But you can also watch it on Netflix with a VPN.
Divergent Movie Overview
The Divergent movie is about a society that is divided into five factions, each with its own unique set of beliefs. When someone turns 16, they must choose which faction they want to belong to for the rest of their life. Tris Prior (played by Shailene Woodley) is a girl who was born into Abnegation, but she has never been able to fit in. She is forced to make a choice when she turns 16, and she decides to become a member of Dauntless, the faction for risk-takers. Tris quickly learns that life in Dauntless is not as simple as she thought it would be, and she must fight for her survival against the other initiates.
Why Do I Recommend ExpressVPN for Unblocking Netflix Libraries?
I’ve been using VPNs for over 5 years now. During this time, I’ve tried dozens of paid and free VPNs. Most VPNs that I’ve used (even the paid ones) are inconsistent at unblocking Netflix. But ExpressVPN always works no matter which Netflix library you’re accessing. That’s why it’s the one I recommend.
Here are more reasons why I like ExpressVPN:
- Money-back guarantee. The best part about ExpressVPN is that you can try it risk-free for 30 days, thanks to its money-back guarantee. If you’re not satisfied with the service, you can easily get all your money back. I’ve tested its refund policy myself — it’s one you can trust.
- Incredible speeds: Most VPNs slow down your VPN connection. However, ExpressVPN is extremely fast. I tested its servers and got download speeds of 41 Mbps. This is a speed loss of only 7%, which is way faster than most VPNs. There will be no buffering when you stream Divergent in high quality.
- Works with popular streaming services. In addition to Netflix, ExpressVPN works with BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Disney+, Hotstar, HBO Max, Peacock, Funimation, Crunchyroll, and more.
- Massive server network. ExpressVPN has a huge server network, and all of its servers are reliable. If the server you’re connected to stops working for some reason, you’ll have plenty of other options to switch to.
- Protects your privacy. Another reason why I like ExpressVPN is that it’s extremely secure. It uses 256-bit military-grade encryption to protect your data from hackers, snoopers, and other external threats. Plus, it has a strict no-logs policy, meaning it never stores any of your data. You can even pay with cryptocurrencies for added security.
FAQs on How to Watch Divergent from Anywhere
Can I use a free Netflix VPN to watch Divergent?
I do not recommend free VPNs because they usually don’t work. Most of them are easily detected by Netflix and are unable to access region-locked titles, like Divergent.
Worse still, most free VPNs place speed caps and data restrictions, making it virtually impossible to stream content using them.
What devices can I watch Divergent on?
You can watch Divergent on all devices that support Netflix using a VPN. This includes Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Linux, smart TVs, and more. The only condition is that your VPN should be compatible with these devices.
If your device doesn’t support VPNs, you can still set it up on your router and use the VPN connection on all devices connected to it. This way you can watch Divergent on devices that don’t have VPN compatibility.
What to do if my VPN doesn’t work with Netflix?
The first thing you should do is try switching to a different server. For example, if you’re trying to access Netflix India, it’s likely that your VPN has more than one server in the country. And connecting to a different server in the same country can sometimes give you access to the library.
If that still doesn’t work, you should see if the title is available in other countries, and connect to a server there.
Is using a VPN to watch Divergent on Netflix legal?
A VPN is nothing but a privacy tool, so using one with Netflix is not illegal. You won’t get into any trouble just for changing your Netflix region and watching Divergent. Put simply, as long as you’re not using the VPN to break the law, you should be fine.
However, bear in mind that there are some countries where VPN use is a gray area (like China and Saudi Arabia). Using a VPN in such countries can be illegal. It’s always a good idea to check your laws regarding VPN use, especially if you live in a place with heavy internet censorship.
Divergent is only streaming on a couple of Netflix libraries. However, you can easily watch it from anywhere using a VPN.
My top choice is ExpressVPN because it works with several Netflix libraries without problems. With its 30-day money-back guarantee, you can try the service risk-free and get your money back if you’re not happy with the service.