Demon Slayer, also known as Kimetsu no Yaiba, is a widely popular anime that has taken the world by storm. As a die-hard anime fan myself, I can tell you firsthand that missing out on this gem would be a tragedy.
However, depending on where you live, you may be unable to find it on your local Netflix library. I’ve been there, and I know how frustrating it can be when your favorite anime isn’t available in your region. Fret not, my fellow otaku! In this article, I’ll show you how you can watch Demon Slayer on Netflix, no matter where you are in the world. So grab your Nichirin blade and let’s embark on a journey to the world of demon slaying together!
Is Demon Slayer Available on Netflix?
Demon Slayer is streaming on Netflix, but it’s only available in a few countries. That’s because much of Netflix’s content is region-locked due to licensing restrictions. Meaning its content library varies depending on your location.
However, it’s easy to change your Netflix region and access other countries’ content libraries. The best way to do that is with a VPN.
This way, you can watch Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba on Netflix, no matter where you are.
Watch Demon Slayer With ExpressVPN
In a Hurry? Here’s how to Watch Demon Slayer on Netflix
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN because it reliably accesses other countries’ Netflix libraries without problems. Its 30-day money-back guarantee lets you try it risk-free.
- Connect to a server in India. Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba is available on Netflix India, so you’ll need to connect to a server there.
- Open Netflix. Log in to your Netflix account as usual, and start streaming Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba!
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba?
As mentioned above, Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba is not available in every location. Most libraries only have the first season.
But some Netflix libraries (including India) have both seasons (S2 has two parts, so 3 on Netflix). If you’re outside of India, you can get an Indian IP address with a VPN and watch all episodes of Demon Slayer.
A VPN hides your real IP address and replaces it with one matching the VPN server. This makes Netflix believe that you’re accessing the platform from a permitted location. For example, if you connect to an Indian VPN server from the US and open your Netflix app, it will think that you’re accessing the app from India.
This way, you can watch Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba on Netflix. In addition, a VPN will also allow you to watch geo-restricted content from any country and also other region-locked titles, like One-Punch Man and Hunter x Hunter.
Watch Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba on Netflix: Step-by-Step Guide
- Download a VPN. My recommendation is ExpressVPN because it consistently unblocks Netflix India. Plus, it always works well with several other Netflix libraries without problems.
- Install the app. Following the on-screen instructions, install the app on your preferred device. It took me less than a minute to install ExpressVPN on my Windows PC.
- Launch the VPN app. Open the VPN app on your device, and sign in to your account if prompted.
- Connect to a server in India. That’s because the anime is available on Netflix India. I used its India via UK server, and it unblocked the library right away.
- Open Netflix. Launch Netflix app as usual.
- Look for the title. Search Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, and you’ll now be able to see it on Netflix. Click Play.
- Start watching! Sit back, relax, and enjoy Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba on your device.
Watch Demon Slayer With ExpressVPN
Which Netflix Libraries Have Demon Slayer?
Aside from India, Demon Slayer is streaming in the following countries:
- Hong Kong
- Malaysia (movie also available)
- Philippines (movie also available)
- Singapore (movie also available)
- Australia (only 1st season)
- Canada (only 1st season)
- UK (only 1st season)
- USA (only 1st season)
When you connect to a VPN server in any of the above locations, you’ll be able to watch Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba.
Where Else Can I Watch Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba?
Demon Slayer is also streaming on the following platforms:
- Crunchyroll (1 season)
Demon Slayer Overview
Demon Slayer follows the story of Tanjiro, a young boy whose family is brutally killed by demons. His younger sister Nezuko is turned into a demon herself but manages to keep some of her humanity intact. Together, they set out on a journey to find a cure for Nezuko’s condition and to avenge their family’s death. The show features stunning animation, memorable characters, and intense action scenes.
Why Do I Recommend ExpressVPN for Unblocking Netflix Libraries?
Over the years, I’ve tried several paid and free VPNs. Most VPNs that I tried (even the paid ones) were inconsistent at unblocking Netflix. But ExpressVPN works consistently no matter which Netflix library you want to access.
Here are more reasons why I like ExpressVPN:
- Money-back guarantee. The best part about ExpressVPN is that you can try it risk-free for 30 days, thanks to its money-back guarantee. If you’re not satisfied with the service, you can easily get all your money back. I’ve tested its refund policy myself — it’s one you can trust.
- Great speeds: Most VPNs slow down your VPN connection. However, ExpressVPN is extremely fast. I tested its servers and got download speeds of 38 Mbps. This is a speed loss of only 5%, which is way faster than most VPNs. There will be no slowdowns as you stream Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba.
- Works with popular streaming services. In addition to Netflix, ExpressVPN also works with BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Disney+, Hotstar, HBO Max, Peacock, Funimation, Crunchyroll, and more.
- Impressive server network. ExpressVPN has a huge server network, and all of its servers are reliable. This means you can access several Netflix libraries, and other geo-restricted content from all over the world.
- Keeps you safe. Another reason why I like ExpressVPN is that it’s extremely secure. It uses 256-bit military-grade encryption to protect your data from hackers, snoopers, and other external threats. Plus, it has a strict no-logs policy, meaning it never stores any of your data. You can even pay with cryptocurrencies for added security.
In Which Order Should I Watch Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba?
Here’s the correct order to watch Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba:
- Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Season 1 (2019)
- Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba the Movie: Mugen Train (2020)
- Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Season 2 (2 parts)
FAQs on How to Watch Demon Slayer on Netflix
Can I use a free Netflix VPN to watch Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba?
You can, but free VPNs often do not work with Netflix. They’re easily detected by Netflix and are unable to access region-locked titles, like Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba.
Plus, free VPNs have slow speeds and limited data, so they’re not suitable for streaming. Most free VPNs only give you a couple of GBs. You’ll quickly run out of data and will only be able to watch a few episodes.
What devices can I watch Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba on?
Using a VPN, you can watch Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba on all devices that support Netflix. This includes Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Linux, smart TVs, and more. The only condition is that your VPN should be compatible with these devices.
If your device doesn’t support VPNs, you can still set it up on your router and use the VPN connection on all devices connected to the router. This way you can watch Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba on devices that don’t have VPN compatibility.
Is using a VPN to unblock Netflix legal?
Yes, using a VPN to unblock other countries’ libraries is legal. You won’t get into trouble for using one to access other countries’ Netflix libraries. That’s because Netflix doesn’t punish its users for using a VPN. Instead, it goes after the service providers and blocks their IP addresses.
However, you should make sure that VPNs are legal in your country. Some countries (like Iran and China) restrict or ban VPN use. Using a VPN in such countries can be illegal. Please stay up to date with your country’s local VPN laws to avoid getting into trouble.
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba is only available on a few Netflix regions, like India. However, you can easily access it from anywhere using a VPN.
I personally use ExpressVPN because it works with several Netflix libraries without any problems. With its 30-day money-back guarantee, you have time to see if the service is right for you. If you’re not happy, you can get a full refund.