Demon Slayer is more than just your typical anime. It’s a journey that pulls you in and keeps you hooked. At the heart of the story is Tanjiro Kamado, a young boy who steps onto the path of a demon slayer. His mission is deeply personal — to save his sister, Nezuko.
What I like about Demon Slayer is its historical Japanese setting with a supernatural twist. It’s a world where demons lurk and feed on humans, and the only line of defense is the Demon Slaying Corps.
But depending on your location, you might not be able to find Demon Slayer on Netflix, which can be a real bummer. But don’t worry! Ahead, I’ll show you how to watch Demon Slayer on Netflix from anywhere in the world.
Is Demon Slayer on Netflix?
Demon Slayer is available on Netflix, but not in every country. At this time, you can stream all seasons of Demon Slayer in a select few regions, including India.
Due to licensing restrictions, Netflix’s content library varies from one country to another. If Netflix doesn’t hold the streaming rights for “Demon Slayer” in your country, it won’t appear in your local library.
But don’t worry, there’s a simple workaround. You can change your Netflix region and access content from other countries’ libraries. All you need is a reliable VPN that can unblock Netflix.
This means you can watch Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba on Netflix, no matter where you are.
In a Hurry? Here’s how to Watch Demon Slayer on Netflix
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN because it reliably accesses other countries’ Netflix libraries without problems. Its 30-day money-back guarantee lets you try it risk-free.
- Connect to a server in India. Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba is available on Netflix India, so you’ll need to connect to a server there.
- Open Netflix. Log in to your Netflix account as usual, and start streaming Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba!
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba?
As mentioned above, Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba is not available in every location. If you want to watch it from an unlicensed region, you’ll need an IP address from the country where this anime is streaming (like India or Japan).
A VPN can help with that. It’s a simple app that hides your real IP address and replaces it with one matching the VPN server you choose. This makes Netflix believe that you’re accessing the platform from a permitted location.
For example, if you connect to an Indian VPN server from the US and open your Netflix app, it will think that you’re accessing the app from India.
This way, you can watch Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba on Netflix. In addition, a VPN will also allow you to watch geo-restricted content from any country and also other region-locked titles, like One-Punch Man and Hunter x Hunter.
Even more, a VPN also lets you access platforms that are not available in your country, like BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Hotstar, Stan, and more. Plus, it protects your data and online privacy from prying eyes.
Watch Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba on Netflix: Step-by-Step Guide
- Download a VPN. My recommendation is ExpressVPN because it consistently unblocks Netflix India. Plus, it always works well with several other Netflix libraries without problems.
- Install the app. Following the on-screen instructions, install the app on your preferred device. It took me less than a minute to install ExpressVPN on my Windows PC.
- Launch the VPN app. Open the VPN app on your device, and sign in to your account if prompted.
- Connect to a server in India. That’s because the anime is available on Netflix India. I used its India via UK server, and it unblocked the library right away.
- Open Netflix. Launch Netflix app as usual.
- Look for the title. Search Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, and you’ll now be able to see it on Netflix. Click Play.
- Start watching! Sit back, relax, and enjoy Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba on your device.
Demon Slayer Netflix Countries
Aside from India, Demon Slayer is streaming in the following countries:
- Hong Kong
There are other libraries where the anime is streaming (like the US and Canada), but they don’t have all the episodes.
When you connect to a VPN server in any of the above locations, you’ll be able to watch Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba.
Demon Slayer Overview
Demon Slayer follows the story of Tanjiro, a young boy whose family is brutally killed by demons. His younger sister Nezuko has turned into a demon herself but manages to keep some of her humanity intact. Together, they set out on a journey to find a cure for Nezuko’s condition and to avenge their family’s death. The show features stunning animation, memorable characters, and intense action scenes.
Why Do I Recommend ExpressVPN for Unblocking Netflix Libraries?
Over the years, I’ve tried several paid and free VPNs. Most VPNs that I tried (even the paid ones) were inconsistent at unblocking Netflix. But ExpressVPN works consistently no matter which Netflix library you want to access.
Here are more reasons why I like ExpressVPN:
- Money-back guarantee. The best part about ExpressVPN is that you can try it risk-free for 30 days, thanks to its money-back guarantee. If you’re not satisfied with the service, you can easily get all your money back. I’ve tested its refund policy myself — it’s one you can trust.
- Great speeds: Most VPNs slow down your VPN connection. However, ExpressVPN is extremely fast. I tested its servers and got download speeds of 38 Mbps. This is a speed loss of only 5%, which is way faster than most VPNs. There will be no slowdowns as you stream Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba.
- Works with popular streaming services. In addition to Netflix, ExpressVPN also works with BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Disney+, Hotstar, HBO Max, Peacock, Funimation, Crunchyroll, and more.
- Impressive server network. ExpressVPN has a huge server network, and all of its servers are reliable. This means you can access several Netflix libraries, and other geo-restricted content from all over the world.
- Keeps you safe. Another reason why I like ExpressVPN is that it’s extremely secure. It uses 256-bit military-grade encryption to protect your data from hackers, snoopers, and other external threats. Plus, it has a strict no-logs policy, meaning it never stores any of your data. You can even pay with cryptocurrencies for added security.
Demon Slayer Watch Order
Here’s the correct order to watch Demon Slayer:
- Demon Slayer season 1 (episodes 1-26)
- Demon Slayer season 2: Mugen Train TV arc (episodes 27-33) or Mugen Train movie
- Demon Slayer season 2, part 2 (the Entertainment District arc (episodes 34-44))
- Demon Slayer To the Swordsmith Village movie (episodes 43-45)
- Demon Slayer season 3, (the Swordsmith Village Arc (episodes 45-55))
- Demon Slater season 4, (AKA the Hashira Training arc (release date: TBC))
Can I Watch Demon Slayer Mugen Train on Netflix?
Yes, but it’s only available on Netflix in South Korea. You’ll need a VPN that can reliably unblock the South Korean Netflix library. I recommend either ExpressVPN or NordVPN because both these services could access Mugen Train on Netflix.
FAQs on How to Watch Demon Slayer on Netflix
You can, but free VPNs often do not work with Netflix. They’re easily detected by Netflix and are unable to access region-locked titles, like Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba.
Plus, free VPNs have slow speeds and limited data, so they’re not suitable for streaming. Most free VPNs only give you a couple of GBs. You’ll quickly run out of data and will only be able to watch a few episodes.
Using a VPN, you can watch Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba on all devices that support Netflix. This includes Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Linux, smart TVs, and more. The only condition is that your VPN should be compatible with these devices.
If your device doesn’t support VPNs, you can still set it up on your router and use the VPN connection on all devices connected to the router. This way you can watch Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba on devices that don’t have VPN compatibility. Just make sure to get a VPN that’s compatible with all these devices.
Yes, using a VPN to unblock other countries’ libraries is legal. You won’t get into trouble for using one to access other countries’ Netflix libraries. That’s because Netflix doesn’t punish its users for using a VPN. Instead, it goes after the service providers and blocks their IP addresses.
However, you should make sure that VPNs are legal in your country. Some countries have restricted or banned the use of VPNs altogether. Using a VPN in such countries can be illegal. It’s best to check your laws regarding VPN use to stay compliant.
Yes, Demon Slayer is available on Netflix US. However, as of the time of writing, not all seasons are included. For instance, the Swordsmith Village arc is currently not available.
But you use a VPN to access Netflix Japan from the US, where all episodes of Demon Slayer are available for streaming. This way, you can enjoy the complete series without any geographical restrictions.
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba is only available on a few Netflix regions, like India. However, you can easily access it from anywhere using a VPN.
There are other benefits to using a VPN as well. It lets you access several region-locked services, like Funimation, Crunchyroll, BBC iPlayer, Hotstar, Max, and more. Plus, it protects your privacy from prying eyes.