Bleach is considered one of the greatest shounen anime ever. It’s a whirlwind journey into the supernatural, where the line between life and death is blurred.
This anime is a masterclass in storytelling, blending high-octane action with a narrative that’s as deep as it is engaging. Expect to meet a colorful cast of characters, each with their own unique abilities and compelling backstories. From the fiery Ichigo Kurosaki to the enigmatic Rukia Kuchiki, these characters will draw you into their world and keep you hooked.
But is Bleach available for streaming on Netflix? The answer is yes, but only if you know how to find it. Don’t worry, though! Ahead, I’ll show you how to watch Bleach on Netflix from anywhere in the world.
Is Bleach on Netflix?
Yes, Bleach is on Netflix, but it’s not accessible everywhere. At present, you can only stream it on a select few Netflix libraries, including Japan and Thailand.
Netflix uses geoblocking technology to restrict users’ access to certain content based on their geographical location. This is done to comply with licensing agreements it has with content producers. These agreements specify the regions where a particular title can be streamed. Netflix is legally bound to respect these agreements, which is why the content you can access varies depending on your location.
If Bleach isn’t showing up in your local Netflix library, it’s because Netflix doesn’t have the rights to stream it in your country.
However, there’s a way around this. You can change your Netflix region to a country where Bleach is available (like Japan) and access content that’s available in that region. You can easily do that with a VPN and unblock Bleach on Netflix from anywhere.
In a Rush? Here’s How to Watch Bleach on Netflix
- Get a VPN. I recommend NordVPN because it reliably unblocks Netflix Japan. Plus, it also works with dozens of other Netflix libraries.
- Connect to a server in Japan. Bleach is available on Netflix Japan, so you can connect there.
- Open Netflix. Launch the app as usual.
- Start watching. Type Bleach in the search bar, and start watching.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Bleach on Netflix?
As I’ve mentioned earlier, Bleach is available on Netflix, but only in certain regions (like Japan).
Netflix uses your IP address to figure out where you are. Based on your location, it shows you the content that’s licensed for your region. So, if Bleach isn’t licensed in your country, you won’t see it in your Netflix library.
But a VPN can help you get around these region-based restrictions. A VPN hides your real IP address and gives you a new one from the server location you choose. For example, if you connect to a VPN server in Japan while you’re in a different country, Netflix will think you’re in Japan. This way, you get access to the Japanese Netflix library.
A VPN also lets you access several other Netflix libraries and access anime that are not available in your region. Plus, you can even unblock platforms like Crunchyroll, Funimation, Disney+, and more.
But the biggest benefit is the added security and privacy you get. In this digital world, everything we do online can be tracked. A VPN encrypts your data and protects your online activity from prying eyes.
How to Watch Bleach from Anywhere: Step-by-Step Guide
- Download a VPN. I recommend NordVPN because it easily unblocks Netflix Japan. You can test it risk-free with its 30-day free trial.
- Install the app. Follow the prompts on the screen and install the VPN. This usually takes less than 2 minutes.
- Launch the VPN app. Open the VPN app on your device and log in to your account.
- Connect to a server. Choose a Japanese VPN server because that’s one of the regions where Bleach is streaming.
- Open Netflix. Launch the app as you normally would.
- Look for the anime. Type Bleach in the search bar, and it should appear in the results. Click Play.
- Start watching!
Bleach Netflix Countries
Aside from Netflix Japan, Bleach is also available in the following Netflix regions.
- Hong Kong
If you prefer watching Bleach with English audio or subtitles, I recommend connecting your VPN to a licensed country outside of Japan. Countries like India and Singapore offer this anime with English subtitles and dubbing. But keep in mind the latest seasons might only have subtitles. We tested NordVPN with Netflix Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore as well, and it successfully unblocked all of them.
Other Anime That You Can Watch on Netflix With a VPN
Here are some of the region-locked anime you can watch using a VPN:
- Blue Lock
- One Piece
- Naruto Shippuden
- Death Note
- Attack on Titan
- Tokyo Ghoul
- Food Wars
- One Punch Man and many more
Bleach is a popular anime series that follows the life of Ichigo Kurosaki, a high school student with the ability to see ghosts. His life takes a dramatic turn when he accidentally obtains the powers of a Soul Reaper—a celestial entity that protects the living world from malicious spirits known as Hollows.
Thrust into the role of a Soul Reaper, Ichigo is tasked with defending humanity from these dark forces and guiding departed souls to the afterlife. The series is known for its action-packed sequences, intricate plotlines, and well-developed characters, making it a must-watch for any anime enthusiast.
Bleach Watch Order
Complete Watch Order (Including fillers)
- Start with Episodes 1-7
- “Memories In The Rain” (Special)
- “13 Court Guard Squads Omake” (Special)
- Episodes 8-63
- “The Sealed Sword Frenzy” (Special)
- Episodes 64-109
- “Memories of Nobody” (Movie)
- Episodes 110-137
- “The DiamondDust Rebellion” (Movie)
- “Fade to Black” (Movie)
- Episodes 138-214
- Episodes 215-299
- “Hell Verse” (Movie)
- Episodes 300-366
- Episode 33
- Episode 50
- Episodes 64-108
- Episodes 128-137
- Episodes 147-149
- Episodes 168-189
- Episode 204
- Episode 205
- Episode 213
- Episode 214
- Episodes 228-266
- Episode 287
- Episode 298
- Episodes 303-305
- Episodes 311-341
- Episode 355
- “Memories of Nobody” (2006)
- “The DiamondDust Rebellion” (2007)
- “Fade to Black” (2008)
- “Hell Verse” (2010)
Is Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War on Netflix?
Yes, Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War is available on Netflix, but only in a few regions such as Japan, India, and Singapore. But you can watch it on Netflix from anywhere using a VPN.
Why Use NordVPN for Watching Bleach on Netflix?
It’s difficult to get past Netflix’s tough geoblocks, but NordVPN has consistently shown its ability to bypass these restrictions. Our regular tests with various VPNs have shown that NordVPN is a reliable choice for unblocking several Netflix libraries, including the ones that host Bleach.
Here are a few more reasons why I recommend NordVPN and use it myself:
- Risk-free trial: NordVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. This means you can test out the service and if it doesn’t meet your expectations, you can get a full refund. We’ve verified this policy ourselves and can confirm that it’s trustworthy.
- Speedy connections: While some VPNs can slow down your internet, NordVPN maintains excellent speeds, even when connected to servers far from your actual location. In our tests, we experienced only a 4% drop on its Japan servers, letting us watch Bleach without buffering.
- Access to various platforms: NordVPN isn’t just for Netflix. It works well with a host of popular streaming platforms, including anime-focused ones like Crunchyroll and Funimation, as well as BBC iPlayer, Disney+, Hulu, and more.
- Extensive server network: With a large number of servers worldwide, NordVPN ensures that you always have several options to connect to. This helps avoid server overcrowding and maintains optimal performance.
- Robust security: With features like AES 256-bit encryption, IP/DNS leak protection, and a kill switch, your online activities and data remain secure from potential threats.
- Money-saving benefits: A lesser-known advantage of using a VPN is the potential to save money on flights and hotel bookings. By changing your virtual location, you can get region-specific deals and discounts.
Other VPNs That Can Access Bleach
If you’re exploring more VPN options that can bypass Netflix’s regional restrictions and allow you to watch Bleach, here are a couple of dependable alternatives:
1. ExpressVPN: During our tests, ExpressVPN unblocked Netflix Japan as well as other libraries, including Singapore and India. It offers high-speed connections for a smooth streaming experience. While it’s a bit on the pricier side, its 30-day money-back guarantee lets you test the waters without any risk.
2. Surfshark: Surfshark is another great choice for watching Bleach on Netflix. It also reliably accesses Netflix Japan along with some other Netflix libraries. It’s pretty affordable too, but its speeds aren’t as fast as NordVPN or ExpressVPN.
What to do if my VPN doesn’t unblock Bleach on Netflix?
Make sure you’re using a VPN that works with Netflix. If you’re having trouble unblocking Netflix with your VPN, don’t worry. Here are a few things you can try:
- Try a different server: If your VPN offers multiple servers in the same country, switching to another one might do the trick.
- Change your location: Bleach is available on Netflix in several countries. If one location isn’t working, try another. For example, if you can’t access it in Japan, try a server in Singapore or Thailand. Remember, the availability can change, so a site like unogs.com can help you keep track of where Bleach is streaming.
- Reach out for help: If you’re still having trouble, don’t hesitate to contact your VPN’s customer support. They’re there to help you troubleshoot and can provide up-to-date information on server performance.
FAQs on How to Watch Bleach on Netflix
Unfortunately, no! Bleach isn’t available in any of these libraries at this time. But you can use a VPN to watch it from anywhere, including Canada and Australia.
A VPN allows you to stream Bleach on any device compatible with Netflix. This includes platforms like Android, iOS, macOS, Windows, and Linux.
Even for devices that don’t inherently support VPNs, such as smart TVs and gaming consoles, there’s a workaround. You can set up the VPN on your router. Once done, every device connected to that router can access Bleach on Netflix. This also extends the security benefits of a VPN to all devices connected to the router, ensuring a safe streaming experience.
Yes, using a VPN to watch Bleach on Netflix is generally considered legal. A VPN is a tool that protects your online privacy and security, and its use is legal in most countries.
It’s important to note that the legality of VPN use can vary from country to country. Some countries have restrictions or outright bans on VPN use. Therefore, it’s always a good idea to check your local laws regarding VPN use before deciding to use one.
With a VPN, you can watch Bleach on Netflix no matter where you are. But that’s not all a VPN can do. It also keeps your data safe from people who might want to see it, like your internet service provider or even hackers. Plus, a VPN lets you check out other popular streaming platforms like BBC iPlayer, Disney+, Crunchyroll, and Funimation. So, you get to watch a lot more of your favorite shows and movies.