Unable to find Attack on Titan on Netflix? In this article, I will share an easy guide on how to watch all 6 seasons of Attack on Titan on Netflix from anywhere, including Australia, Canada, the US, and the UK..
This method is quick, easy, and works for all devices that support Netflix.
Is Attack on Titan Available on Netflix?
Attack on Titan is streaming on Netflix, but it’s not available in every location. Currently, it’s only streaming on a few Netflix libraries, including Japan and Italy (more regions listed below).
You see, much of Netflix’s content is region-locked due to licensing restrictions. Its content library changes depending on your location.
Netflix likely doesn’t have distribution rights to this title in your country. That’s why you’re unable to find Attack on Titan on your Netflix library.
However, you can change your Netflix region and access other countries’ content libraries. The easiest and fastest way to do that is with a VPN.
This means you can watch all 6 seasons of Attack on Titan on Netflix, no matter where you are.
In a Rush? Here’s How to Watch Attack on Titan on Netflix
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Attack on Titan?
As mentioned above, Attack on Titan is only streaming on a few Netflix libraries. In order to watch this show on Netflix, you need an IP address of a country where AoT is available, like Japan. The easiest way to do that is through a VPN.
A VPN hides your real IP address and assigns you a new one based on your chosen server location. For example, when you connect to a Japanese VPN server, you’ll be assigned a Japanese IP address. This leads Netflix into believing that you’re using the platform from Japan. As a result, it gives you access to the entire Netflix Japan catalog.
This lets you watch all seasons of Attack on Titan on Netflix, even if you’re not physically located in the country.
Watch Attack on Titan on Netflix: Step-by-Step Guide
- Download a VPN. My recommendation is ExpressVPN because it consistently unblocks Netflix Japan. Plus, it works well with several other Netflix libraries without issues.
- Install the app. Following the on-screen instructions, install the app on your preferred device. It took me less than a minute to install ExpressVPN on my Windows PC.
- Launch the VPN app. Open the VPN app on your device, and sign in to your account if prompted.
- Connect to a server in Japan. Since Attack on Titan is streaming on Netflix Japan, you must appear to be in that location. I used its Tokyo server, and it worked well.
- Open Netflix. Launch the Netflix app as usual.
- Look for the title. Search Attack on Titan, and you’ll now be able to see it on your Netflix. Click Play.
- Start watching! Sit back, relax, and enjoy Attack on Titan on your device.
Which Netflix Libraries Have AoT?
Aside from Netflix Japan, AoT is also available on Netflix Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, and Italy (5 seasons).
You can watch AoT in these Netflix regions without a VPN. If you’re outside of these countries, you can connect to a VPN server in these countries and access these libraries.
A good VPN (like ExpressVPN) will have reliable servers in all these countries, so you can connect to one of these locations and easily watch Attack on Titan on Netflix from anywhere.
Where Else Can I Watch Attack on Titan?
If you don’t have a Netflix subscription or don’t want to pay for a VPN, I have good news for you. You can also watch Attack on Titan on the following platforms:
- Apple TV
It’s important to note that some of these streaming platforms are geo-restricted. If you’re outside the permitted location, you’ll need a VPN to access these platforms.
Why Do I Use ExpressVPN for Streaming AoT on Netflix?
Over the years, I’ve tried several paid and free VPNs. Most VPNs that I tried (even the paid ones) were inconsistent at unblocking Netflix. But ExpressVPN works consistently no matter which Netflix library you want to access.
Here are more reasons why I like ExpressVPN:
- Money-back guarantee. The best part about ExpressVPN is that you can try it risk-free for 30 days, thanks to its money-back guarantee. If you’re not satisfied with the service, you can easily get all your money back. I’ve tested its refund policy myself — it’s one you can trust.
- Great speeds: Most VPNs slow down your VPN connection. However, ExpressVPN is extremely fast. I tested its servers and got download speeds of 38 Mbps. This is a speed loss of only 5%, which is pretty impressive. You can watch AoT without buffering.
- Works with popular streaming services. In addition to Netflix, ExpressVPN also works with BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Disney+, Hotstar, HBO Max, Peacock, Funimation, Crunchyroll, and more.
- Impressive server network. ExpressVPN has a huge server network, and all of its servers are reliable. This means you can access several Netflix libraries, and other geo-restricted content from all over the world.
- Keeps you safe. Another reason why I like ExpressVPN is that it’s extremely secure. It uses 256-bit military-grade encryption to protect your data from hackers, snoopers, and other external threats. Plus, it has a strict no-logs policy, meaning it never stores any of your data. You can even pay with cryptocurrencies for added security.
Attack on Titan Overview
Humanity is forced to live within big walls to keep them safe from gigantic creatures called Titans. But when the Titans breached the wall and destroyed the city, Eren Yeager and his friends vowed to seek revenge against the Titans that demolished their community.
- IMDB Rating: 9.0/10
- Main Cast: Josh Grelle, Armin Artlelt, Yûki Kaji, Eren Jaeger, Yui Ishikawa, and more
In Which Order Should I Watch Attack on Titan?
Listed below is the correct order to watch Attack on Titan.
- Attack on Titan S1
- Attack on Titan: Ilse’s Notebook (OVA)
- Attack on Titan: The Sudden Visitor: The Torturous Curse of Youth (OVA)
- Attack on Titan: Distress (OVA)
- Attack on Titan S2
- Attack on Titan: Lost Girls: E1 and 2 (OVA)
- Attack on Titan S3: Episode 1-12
- Attack on Titan: No Regrets: Episode 1 & 2 (OVA)
- Attack on Titan: Lost Girls: E3 (OVA)
- Attack on Titan: Junior High (OVA)
- Attack on Titan S3: E13 – end
- Attack on Titan S4, part 1
- Attack on Titan S4, part 2
FAQs on How to Watch AoT on Netflix
Can I use a free Netflix VPN to watch Attack on Titan?
Free VPNs often do not work with Netflix. They’re easily detected by Netflix and are unable to access region-locked titles, like Attack on Titan.
Even worse, free VPNs have slow speeds and limited data, making it virtually impossible to use them for streaming. Not to mention, they can also put your privacy at risk as some of them sell user data to make money.
What devices can I watch Attack on Titan on?
Using a VPN, you can watch Attack on Titan on all devices that support Netflix. This includes Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Linux, smart TVs, and more. The only condition is that your VPN should be compatible with these devices.
If your device doesn’t support VPNs, you can still set it up on your router and use the VPN connection on all devices connected to the router. This way you can watch Attack on Titan on devices that don’t have VPN compatibility.
What to do if my VPN doesn’t work with Netflix?
The first thing you should do is try switching to a different server. For example, if you’re trying to access Netflix Japan, it’s possible that your VPN has more than one server in the country. And connecting to a different server in the same country can sometimes give you access to the library.
If that still doesn’t work, you should see if the title is available in other countries, and connect to a server there.
Is using a VPN to watch The Vampire Diaries on Netflix legal?
A VPN is nothing but a privacy tool, so using one with Netflix is not illegal. You won’t get into any trouble just for changing your Netflix region and watching Attack on Titan. Put simply, as long as you’re not using the VPN to break the law, you should be fine.
However, bear in mind that there are some countries where VPN use is a gray area (like China and Saudi Arabia). Using a VPN in such countries can be illegal. It’s always a good idea to check your laws regarding VPN use, especially if you live in a place with heavy internet censorship.
Attack on Titan is only available in a few Netflix regions, like Japan. However, you can easily access it from anywhere using a VPN.
A VPN also unblocks other Netflix libraries and region-locked platforms like Hulu, Disney+, BBC iPlayer, and more. Plus, it protects your privacy by encrypting your traffic and hiding your IP. I personally use ExpressVPN because it’s the most reliable and lets you try it risk-free since it’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee.