Attack on Titan is one of my favorite anime of all time. Since its debut in 2013, this anime has garnered a devoted following and is often mentioned in discussions about the best anime of all time.
It’s set in a dystopian world where humanity is besieged by towering giants. What sets Attack on Titan apart is its refusal to conform to genre tropes, ensuring an impeccably paced storyline that keeps you hooked.
But if you rely on Netflix for your streaming needs, you might be disappointed to learn that Attack on Titan is not available on the platform in many regions. Don’t worry though! Ahead, I’ll show you where and how to watch Attack on Titan on Netflix from anywhere in the world.
Is Attack on Titan on Netflix?
Attack on Titan is available to stream on Netflix, but not in every country. Currently, it’s only available in a select few Netflix regions, including Japan and Italy.
You see, much of Netflix’s content is region-locked due to licensing agreements. These agreements are contracts Netflix signs with content creators, which dictate where a show or movie can be made available. Netflix is legally required to honor these agreements, and that’s why the content library you see changes based on your location.
If you can’t find Attack on Titan on Netflix, it’s likely because Netflix doesn’t hold the streaming rights to this anime in your country.
However, you can change your Netflix region to a different country (like Japan), and access titles that are not available in your location. All you need is a reliable VPN that works with Netflix.
This way, you can watch all the seasons of Attack on Titan on Netflix, no matter where you are.
In a Rush? Here’s How to Watch Attack on Titan on Netflix
- Download a VPN. I recommend NordVPN, but ExpressVPN is a strong alternative. Both VPNs can reliably access 20+ Netflix libraries and offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Connect to a server in Japan. Attack on Titan is available on Netflix Japan, so you’ll need to connect to a server there.
- Open Netflix. Log in to your Netflix account as usual.
- Start streaming. Search for the title, and start watching AoT.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Attack on Titan?
As mentioned above, Attack on Titan is only streaming on a few Netflix libraries. To watch this show on Netflix, you need an IP address from a country where AoT is available, like Japan. That’s where a VPN comes in.
A VPN hides your real IP address and assigns you a new one based on your chosen server location. For example, if you connect to a Japanese VPN server from a different country (like the US), you’ll be assigned a Japanese IP address. This makes Netflix think that you’re using the platform from Japan. As a result, it gives you access to the entire Netflix Japan catalog.
This way, you can watch all seasons of Attack on Titan on Netflix, even if you’re not physically located in a licensed country.
Plus, you can watch several other Netflix titles that are not available in your country. You’ll also have access to several other region-locked platforms, like Hulu, Disney+, BBC iPlayer, and more. A VPN also encrypts your data and hides your online activity from prying eyes, including cybercriminals, hackers, and overreaching governments.
How to Watch Attack on Titan: Step-by-Step Guide
- Download a VPN. My recommendation is NordVPN because it consistently unblocks Netflix Japan. Plus, it works well with several other Netflix libraries without issues.
- Install the app. Following the on-screen instructions, install the app on your preferred device. It took me less than a minute to install NordVPN on my Windows PC.
- Launch the VPN app. Open the VPN app on your device, and sign in to your account if prompted.
- Connect to a server in Japan. Since Attack on Titan is streaming on Netflix Japan, you must appear to be in that location. I used its Tokyo server, and it worked well.
- Open Netflix. Launch the Netflix app as usual.
- Look for the title. Search Attack on Titan, and you’ll now be able to see it on your Netflix. Click Play.
- Start watching! Sit back, relax, and enjoy Attack on Titan on your device.
Attack on Titan Netflix Countries
Aside from Netflix Japan, the following Netflix libraries have all the seasons of Attack on Titan:
You can simply connect your VPN to one of these regions to watch AoT. There are some other Netflix libraries (like France) that have AoT, but they don’t have all the seasons.
Note: Netflix Japan doesn’t offer English subtitles for the 1st and 2nd seasons. For English subtitles, I recommend connecting to the Singapore servers. Plus, if you want to watch AoT in Spanish, you can connect to servers in Portugal or Spain. However, you won’t find the latest seasons in these libraries.
Why Do I Use NordVPN for Watching Attack on Titan on Netflix?
We regularly test several free and paid VPNs with Netflix. Most VPNs (even the paid ones) are inconsistent at unblocking Netflix. But NordVPN works consistently no matter which Netflix library you want to access.
Here are more reasons why I like NordVPN:
- Money-back guarantee. The best part about NordVPN is that you can try it risk-free for 30 days, thanks to its money-back guarantee. If you’re not satisfied with the service, you can easily get all your money back. I’ve tested its refund policy myself — it’s one you can trust.
- Great speeds: Most VPNs slow down your VPN connection. However, NordVPN is extremely fast. I tested its servers and got download speeds of 93 Mbps. This is a speed loss of only 8%, which is pretty impressive. This allows you to stream without buffering.
- Works with popular streaming services. In addition to Netflix, NordVPN also works with BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Disney+, Hotstar, HBO Max, Peacock, Funimation, Crunchyroll, and more.
- Impressive server network. NordVPN has a huge server network, and all of its servers are reliable. This means you can access several Netflix libraries and other geo-restricted content from all over the world.
- Keeps you safe. Another reason why I like NordVPN is that it’s extremely secure. It uses 256-bit military-grade encryption to protect your data from hackers, snoopers, and other external threats. Plus, it has a strict no-logs policy, meaning it never stores any of your data.
Other Reliable VPNs That Can Unblock AoT on Netflix
If you’re looking for more options to watch Attack on Titan on Netflix, here are some reliable VPNs you can consider:
1. ExpressVPN. ExpressVPN is a solid VPN that can unblock several Netflix libraries, including the Japanese library that has all the episodes of Attack on Titan. It has fast speeds and a minimalistic design. The only problem is that it’s a bit expensive compared to NordVPN. However, it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try ExpressVPN risk-free.
2. Surfshark. Surfshark is a budget-friendly Netflix VPN that can unblock Netflix Japan, and over a dozen other Netflix libraries. It’s also pretty reliable, but we found that it can be a bit slow occasionally. Nevertheless, it’s backed by a money-back guarantee, so you can try it without any risk.
Attack on Titan Overview
Humanity is forced to live within big walls to keep them safe from gigantic creatures called Titans. But when the Titans breached the wall and destroyed the city, Eren Yeager and his friends vowed to seek revenge against the Titans that demolished their community.
- IMDB Rating: 9.0/10
- Main Cast: Josh Grelle, Armin Artlelt, Yûki Kaji, Eren Jaeger, Yui Ishikawa, and more
Attack on Titan Watch Order
Listed below is the correct order to watch Attack on Titan.
- Attack on Titan S1
- Attack on Titan: Ilse’s Notebook (OVA)
- Attack on Titan: The Sudden Visitor: The Torturous Curse of Youth (OVA)
- Attack on Titan: Distress (OVA)
- Attack on Titan S2
- Attack on Titan: Lost Girls: E1 and 2 (OVA)
- Attack on Titan S3: Episode 1-12
- Attack on Titan: No Regrets: Episodes 1 & 2 (OVA)
- Attack on Titan: Lost Girls: E3 (OVA)
- Attack on Titan: Junior High (OVA)
- Attack on Titan S3: E13 – end
- Attack on Titan S4, part 1
- Attack on Titan S4, part 2
FAQs on How to Watch AoT on Netflix
Free VPNs often do not work with Netflix. They’re easily detected by Netflix and are unable to access region-locked titles, like Attack on Titan.
Even worse, free VPNs have slow speeds and limited data, making it virtually impossible to use them for streaming. Not to mention, they can also put your privacy at risk as some of them sell user data to make money.
Using a VPN, you can watch Attack on Titan on all devices that support Netflix. This includes Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Linux, smart TVs, and more. The only condition is that your VPN should be compatible with these devices.
If your device doesn’t support VPNs, you can still set it up on your router and use the VPN connection on all devices connected to the router. This way you can watch Attack on Titan on devices that don’t have VPN compatibility.
You can watch all the episodes of Attack on Titan on Netflix Japan, Singapore, and a few other regions. Even if you’re not in a licensed country, you can use a VPN to access the anime from anywhere.
The first thing you should do is try switching to a different server. For example, if you’re trying to access Netflix Japan, it’s possible that your VPN has more than one server in the country. And connecting to a different server in the same country can sometimes give you access to the library.
If that still doesn’t work, you should see if the title is available in other countries, and connect to a server there.
A VPN is nothing but a privacy tool, so using one with Netflix is not illegal. You won’t get into any trouble just for changing your Netflix region and watching Attack on Titan. Put simply, as long as you’re not using the VPN to break the law, you should be fine.
However, bear in mind that there are some countries where VPN use is a gray area (like China and Saudi Arabia). Using a VPN in such countries can be illegal. It’s always a good idea to check your laws regarding VPN use, especially if you live in a place with heavy internet censorship.
Attack on Titan is only available in a few Netflix regions, like Japan. However, you can easily access it from anywhere using a VPN.
A VPN also unblocks other Netflix libraries and region-locked platforms like Hulu, Disney+, BBC iPlayer, and more. Plus, it protects your privacy by encrypting your traffic and hiding your IP.